Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Past two weekends

The past two weekends have been fun for treasure hunting. The weather has been trying at times, but I have found some fun items and some practical items.

I got this great galvanized bucket with strainer and these two hummingbird feeders on the fun side. And on the practical side, I got two cans of rose spray and a garden hose nozzle two weeks ago.

The hummingbirds are finally starting to use this one since I hung it from my flower basket.

I found this great treasure for my little treasure hunter at a yard sale last week. Both my husband and I each had one growing up and our little one loves it. I also found him the wooden Gordon engine w/tender, Anne, and Clarabel for his train table. All the items were 50 cents each (including the telephone). If you have ever shopped for Thomas the Train pieces, you know that the wooden ones are the most expensive ranging from $12.00 to $25.00 each for one engine. I really enjoyed finding them for 50 cents!
Got these two great books at a sale last week as well. I guess the people holding the sale had one last year. They apparently once had an antique store somewhere and have been selling off their inventory periodically from their house. They were well organized and fairly priced. It was a nice sale.

This great enamelware tub will work get for picnics. I plan to fill it with ice and place the sodas and water in it. I know that is not that original, but I don't have anything like it and have always wanted one for that purpose. And the price of 50 cents was perfect!
Found this great Thomas Moran print at the same sale as the enamelware tub. I didn't know who it was by until I did some research, but I liked it and the price was right at $3.00. I will find the prefect place for it in the house. Hubby thinks it belongs in a cabin, but once he sees it up in the proper place I know he will like it.
Well, that is all for a now. Happy treasure hunting to you!

1 comment:

  1. You found some amazing things for so little $$.
    You are definately learning the art of Treasure Hunting!!! The Moran is beautiful.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete