Friday, May 28, 2010

Rainy, No Luck Day!

Okay, what is it with people advertising their junk sales as estate sales? I really wish people would be honest when advertising. I recently saw an ad placed on craigslist regarding this very same issue. Today I drove across town to an "estate sale" only to find a garage sale with nothing but holiday decorations (nothing vintage or cool), happy meal toys, jewelry making supplies and a bunch of misc. stuff (I am being kind).

So my Little Treasurer Hunter and I headed over to a multi-family garage sale and found some children's books and a toy truck. Then a stop at Goodwill to find a 10 1/2 in. clear Miss America plate (that was a cool find). Also got the game Boogle (original one with the wooden dice) and some stensils for card making. So it wasn't a bust, but it wasn't what I had in mind either.

This month has not been the greatest at finding treasures, but at least I got out. The most I have found are books for the Little Treasurer Hunter.

I did get this great Santa a couple of weeks ago. He lights up with a bulb at the bottom. I can't wait until Christmas to use him.


Well, good luck to you in your treasure hunting!

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the false advertising....very annoying!! Love the santa...show us how he looks at Christmas.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete