Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Beginning

I have been to garage sales before. I have even held two, but it wasn't until recently that I really caught the bug. It was right after I made $113.00 going to one. I bought a box of silver plated silverware that matched my grandmother's set that I now own. My intent was to keep it because my sister and I thought it was the dinner set and that my grandmother's was the luncheon set. Well, as luck would have it, it was the set I already had twelve place settings for so what would I do with eight more? We were headed to the Antique & Collectibles Show two days later, so my sister suggested that I take it with and try to sell it to a silver dealer. Well, that is exactly what I did. I paid $10.00 for a shoebox with 55 pieces in it. I kept nine ice tea spoons and one master butter knife. Traded the two serving spoons and two teaspoons out of my set and sold 41 pieces at $3.00 each to a dealer. I was bitten!

No comments:

Post a Comment