Sunday, January 2, 2011

An Old Treasure Found Again

So, it has been months since I have posted anything.  I really haven't been out treasure hunting all that much.  But I recently ran across a treasure that my husband found years ago and wanted to share it.  It is the Weasku Inn in Grants Pass, Oregon.  We drove down to California for Christmas and stayed there on our way down and our way up.  It is nestled along the Rogue River with great cabins and four rooms in the main lodge.  It has been there for many, many years, but has been updated.  A little history of the place is that Clark Gable and Walt Disney use to stay there frequently.  Room number 3 in the main lodge was Clark's.  Another bonus are the many Antique shops and Gift shops along Main Street in Grants Pass.  Their busy season is the summer, but I loved the Holiday decorations throughout the town during our trip.  Here are some pictures of the grounds at the Weasku Inn.

This is the main lodge viewed from the cabins.
 This is the view toward the cabins.  Each cabin has two to three separate rooms in them.  They are duplexes and triplexes.
 These are two great chairs that sit in the middle of the lawn overlooking the river and cabins.  The main lodge is behind them.
If you are ever in the need for a weekend get away, try the Weasku Inn in Grants Pass, Oregon. 

Happy New Year to all!

1 comment:

  1. I will put that on my list. My husband and I plan to make some little road trips this year and that sounds like a great destination. Thanks and Happy New Year!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete