Saturday, March 6, 2010

Great finds!

Today was a fantastic day! I had four sales mapped out from the paper. Missed the first one because my little man woke up cranky and wanted to sit with me for a few minutes. The second sale was a bust. Just a lot of everyday items that I am not in the market for, but the third sale was the great sale. Finally a sale that was not being put on by an estate sale company, just four of the children (three brothers and one sister) of the former owner. And they wanted to move everything quick.

Are you ready for what I found? Here we go.

I got this tray for....FREE! The daughter quoted me 50 cents, but the brother didn't have change so he gave it to me! Happy Birthday to my sister who collects these. I think this one makes eight for her. It is not in the best of shape. There are some scratches and areas where the black paint has been worn off, but it was a score so who cares.

I love the shape of this restaurant ware tankard for $1.00! It has a crack in the handle, but what do you want for near 100 years old?

I have just started looking for a great glider for my yard and what do you know I found one. I was thinking of repainting it white, but it looks great gray by the cement walkway near the rose garden. I might have to leave it alone. $7.00 for this gem! There were also two other benches the same style and color, but I missed those by a few minutes. Those sold for $5.00 each. Better luck next time.

I saw this sun hat and thought of all my gardening coming up and couldn't resist. What the heck for $1.00. Besides, it looks great on my wall in my project room with my other two hats.


Well, that was it, but it was great fun for only $9.00. When I took my husband back to pick up the glider in the truck, he scored a box full of odds and ends from the garage for $5.00. Including a great smaller shovel I wanted for $1.00. So all in all, we spent $14.00 and came home with some great useful items. Oh, and the little man got some great little cars for free as well. And everyone got something!

No comments:

Post a Comment