Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Coastal Adventure!

This adventure started with a curious look on craigslist on Monday of last week to see if there were any estate/garage sales coming up for the weekend. And won't you know it, I found a great sale starting Friday. I went to the website of the company holding the sales and found the most beautiful china cabinet. I called my husband and told him that I would forward him the link to the site so that he could look for himself. He did and loved the buffet that matched the cabinet. The only drawback was that it was in Oysterville, WA. Two and half hours away and starting at 9am with the sign in at 8am. Oh what to do? My husband and I discussed the dilemma. He offered to take Friday off work and drive out to buy the pieces. Well, after much brainstorming we decided to rent an U-Haul trailer, get a Motel room and drive out Thursday night.

And thank goodness we did. There were forty-four people signed in before 9am and we were numbers 3 and 4.

I have to thank Suzy of Checkered Past Moving & Estate Sales (http://checkeredsales.com/) for all her help. She answered several questions prior to the sale via email and directed us to the correct room so we could get the pieces we wanted.

So here they are, take a look at our lastest treasures:


I will get a better picture of the buffet posted once we get it moved into our dining room. Just need to have a friend come over and help. It is simply too heavy for me!

This was an "Oh, by the way" piece that I saw on the website, but didn't want to overwhelm my husband. Once we were there, he saw it and asked if we should get it. So we did! It looks great at the end of our hallway outside our bedroom.

Here is a fabulous bowl that I found once the adrenaline subsided.

One more Hull planter for me. :)

3 comments:

  1. Your china cabinet and buffet are beautiful! That was a great find. I look forward to reading more on your blog! Lisa ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Once I saw the pictures, I knew we had to find a way to get them. We have been looking for pieces like these for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete