Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Splendid Finds

So I have not been the best at posting things in a timely manner to this site. I am sorry. I don't know that anyone even has noticed since I don't have but two followers (and one it me).

Anyway, here is what I got at an estate sale in Washougal at the beginning of November.


This is a Weller pot that has two hairline cracks in it, but otherwise is very nice and I can't wait to put it to good use. I plan to place a pot with saucer inside it rather than plant directly in it. Oh yeah, I paid $4.00 for this treasure!

As you can see, this is a Hull ceramic pot that I got for $8.00! I love the color and it fits well in my dining room on an end table.

This is a McCoy vase that I got for $12.00! I am kicking myself because there were many more there for $12.00 to $18.00 and I helped a dealer collect three rather than grab them for myself. I didn't realize the going price for them in the collecting world and what a great deal they were at the sale. I am really missing a white matted one I handed to the dealer (Dean) that was just gorgeous. I need to learn to put things in my basket and then add up the prices and determine what I really want once the frenzy has pasted. Once again, I am learning!
I did get one more vase, but forgot to take a picture before I wrapped it up for my sister for Christmas. It was a blue matted Bauer vase about six inches tall that I got for $8.00.
I am also kicking myself over a Redwing vase that was there for $4.00. It was priced so low because it had two large cracks in it. But it would have still looked great in my living room. I really have to stop hesitating! My sister is going to kill me one of these days over the things I pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment